Kristen Brillantes is the CEO & Co-Founder of The Sarap Shop, a San Francisco-based, Filipino-American food truck and catering company, that serves an inclusive Filipino comfort food menu. Previously, she was the Head of Design Operations at Stripe, a large fintech company, and before that held leadership development roles at Google and Google Ventures. She is also a Business coach and designer.
This episode will have you pulling out a pen and paper to design your own growth! We discuss her journey, from various corporate roles to starting the Sarap Shop, and hard decisions and sacrifices she made along the way to stay true to herself.
We cover topics such as:
- How to take ownership of your own growth wherever you are
- Shifting from a sacrificial/scarcity mindset to abundance mindset, especially as a 1st or 2nd Generation Filipino
- How to treat professional life like play
- Why it’s important to let yourself UNRAVEL
- Being Filipina in the workplace and bringing
Follow Kristen at @thesarapshop
(Big thanks to Ruanne Catapang & Ashley Lanuza for help on this!)