What did the stories of 40 successful Asian women all have in common?
Rose Buado and Jennifer Redondo-Marquez are two high-achieving Filipino women (and cousins!) who have spent the last year putting together a book called In Her Purpose: 40 Principles of Asian Women Redefining Success on Their Own Terms. In this book, they tell the stories of 40 women, how they defied social and cultural conventions to get to where they are now. This book is about to be published, and they’ve teamed up with Filipina on the Rise for their launch.
Some of these women include:
- Angelia Trinidad, Founder/CEO of Passion Planner
- Berna Anat who we’ve had on this podcast
- Gina Mariko Rosalas, Founder of Pinayista,
- Christine Gambito from Happy Slip
- Summit Batra, CEO of Ziba
- Joanne Encarnacion from GoFitJo
- Lyn Pacifcar from Herbalaria
- And more!
Rose is a start-up mentor and success coach for
high-performing women entrepreneurs. She’s held titles such as, Vice President of Media, Marketing Strategist and Ad Executive for diverse advertising firms. Currently, she’s the CEO of RVNB, an artist management agency, managing popular Fil-Am a cappella group, The Filharmonic. Rose currently serves as a Board Member for Cassidy’s Corner Café and 1 Million Cups, Long Beach.
Jen’s career spans across industries, starting in Accenture’s Management Consulting group to spending the last decade in Silicon Valley Tech. She’s a graduate of UC Berkeley. She is also a graduate of the Riordan Fellows MBA Program at the University of California, Los Angeles Anderson School of Management. Since 2013, Jennifer has served on the Board of Directors for the Mommy and Me Cancer Foundation.
On this episode, we talk about
- Jen and Rose’s journeys, how after being in corporate for many years challenged themselves to break out of their comfort zone, lean into their purpose, and in turn, empower other women, especially filipino women
- How they came up with the idea of In Her Purpose and major takeaways from collecting these stories
- Running themes and common ingredients of success found in the journeys of 40 successful Asian women