First generation, queer, Filipina American, Angelia “Angel” Trinidad is the CEO and Founder of Passion Planner. After graduating from UCLA with a B.A. in Art and a Minor in Arts Education, she found herself depressed, spiraling down and struggling to find direction. She took the leap and created Passion Planner, a paper life coach, from her parents garage. Now, a thriving multimillion dollar company, Passion Planner has helped over 1.5 million people live in their purpose with less stress and more fun, build their ideal life, and work day in and day out to make those dreams a reality.
In this episode we’ll cover…
- How Passion Planner started as an idea from a friend’s living room apartment to a million dollar business
- How to work through a toxic hustle culture as a start up entrepreneur
- How to heal our relationships with our immigrant parents, especially as first generation Filipina Americans
- What it means to be a CEO and leader to start a successful business
- What it really means to create a social impact and to give back to communities in the Philippines
Big thanks to our sponsor Cambio & Co. is a Filipino jewelry company that wants you to Wear Your Heritage and celebrate your roots, everyday without apology. 100% of Cambio & Co.’s jewelry is designed and handcrafted by artisans in the Philippines, blending traditional Philippine artistry with modern designs.
From Filipino jewelry that celebrates the pre-colonial craft of gold filigree, to baroque pearl earrings from the South Philippine Sea, each piece helps keep traditional craftsmanship alive and connects you to the homeland. Wear Your Heritage and shop the collection at www.shopcambio.co
Orders ship locally from Toronto and New York, and when you use the discount code FOTRpodcast, you’ll get 10% off your first purchase.